Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Live or Retire in Mexico: A Practical, Detailed Guide



header image

Live or Retire in Mexico: 
A Practical, Detailed Guide

Retire in Mexico Guidebook Mexico: The Trick is Living HereSo you want to learn the trick to retire in Mexico? I lived in Mexico on a budget for 7 years and after accumulating a set of hard-earned how-to knowledge, I developed a helpful e-book.  My book Mexico: The Trick is Living Here  will help you live or retire (or travel extensively) in Mexico. It will help you answer the questions you have about cost of living by giving example costs and clear descriptions of what you get for your peso in Mexico.  This book will help you envision what your life might be like once you retire in Mexico.
Quick Guide to
Mexico:
The Trick is Living Here

Third Edition
-Over 280 pages.
-33 pages of cultural info.
-The cost of living in Mexico.
-How-to information
on...
   choosing a house
   health care
   getting a phone
   traveling by bus
   driving 
   doing laundry
   banking
-Discussion of culture-shock.
-Humorous insider's view
.
-The author's anecdotes.
-official transactions
   including... 
   getting your visa (updated
      as of the new rules)
   traveling with pets 
   getting birth certificates 
   receiving social security 
   For more info. see
      the table of contents
-Just for Canadians
... 
   residency planning 
   birth certificates
   issues unique to Canadians
-Health care
in Mexico.
-94 full-color photographs.
-A Day of the Dead photo
   gallery
.
-Easy to read Adobe Acrobat
   format.


To be honest, when you live or retire in Mexico, the first year is especially difficult -- worth it, but difficult.  I found my first year full of challenges and culture shock. Everything seemed so hard as I figured it out for myself. A practical guidebook full of how-to details would have been a huge help for me.
The third edition of Mexico: The Trick is Living Here includes information about the cost of living, driving in Mexico, health care, culture shock, and doing paperwork in Mexico, among other things. Also, over the years I have gotten questions about bringing pets to Mexico, so I added a new section into the third edition (it's not that I mind answering emails, but it's nice to have the information available to my readers.) Many of my readers are Canadian, so I include sections just for Canadian snow birds looking to live in Mexico. Most importantly, the visa information is fully updated according to Mexico's new immigration laws, which came into effect in November 2012.
Here is the table of contents of Mexico: The Trick is Living Here Third Edition so that you can see the types of practical things I've included.  (Notice the unique section on cultural information, available nowhere else in print or on the web.)
For a few dollars you can have this detailed handbook at your side during the months of planning as well as the first year of your stay in Mexico.  It's a lot cheaper than a failed move to Mexico!  Lots of my readers contact me and tell me how they have read and re-read sections that were particularily useful to them.

 
From the official site

0 comments:

Post a Comment

    Blogger news

    Blogroll

    About